If you are teaching an on-campus, i.e., face-to-face, course and need to create a placeholder in Canvas Grades for paper submissions, follow these directions:
- Create an Assignment. Even if your on-paper assignment item is a quiz or exam, select “Assignment”.
- Once your assignment is created, go and edit it to your specifications.
- Select “On Paper” under “Submission Type”.
- Click on the blue “Update Assignment” button on the lower right.
- Remember to publish the assignment so I will show up as a column in the Gradebook
You’re done! You can now manually input grades for your paper assignments and quizzes.
Please sign in to leave a comment.