If Respondus is a requirement for your exam. Students will download Respondus LockDown Browser (LDB) through a unique download URL for NCTC. That URL is available in the following locations within Canvas:
- When using IE, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari to access a Quiz that requires Respondus LDB
- Click here to download
Respondus LDB installs locally on your desktop or laptop. Once installed you can access it via the desktop icon or by searching for it on your computer. Respondus LDB is available for Windows, Mac, Chromebook, and iPad. Respondus LDB is also installed in most NCTC student computer labs.
Classic Quiz - You cannot begin a quiz requiring LDB from Canvas, you must start from the Respondus LDB which will prompt you to log into Canvas then navigate to the Quiz and start.
New Quiz - You will begin from the quiz which will automatically launch LDB.
Steps when you are ready to take an exam:
- Exit/close any open applications or programs on your computer.
- Locate the “LockDown Browser” application and click to start it.
- PC - find icon on desktop (or start menu) and double-click it
- Mac - open Apps menu, locate LDB and click to start
- Chromebook - open Apps menu, locate LDB and click to start
- If prompted to close a blocked program (e.g. screen capture, instant messaging, outlook) choose Yes when prompted.
- LDB will prompt you to log into Canvas, do so using your student login.
- Navigate to the quiz and click Take the Quiz button.
Once a quiz has been started with LockDown Browser, you cannot exit until the Submit Quiz button is clicked.
For more information access the Respondus Monitor Knowledge Base
Still having issues? Please submit a ticket to the NCTC Canvas Help Desk.
Please sign in to leave a comment.