Canvas offers you many different options for designing your home page, which is the first page students will see when they enter your course. Here is how to select which content you display on the home page:
- Log into Canvas.
- Select a course from the dropdown menu to navigate to your course's home page.
- Select Change Home Page Layout.
- Use the dropdown menu to choose among the different options:
- Set the course’s home page to show the "Assignment List" to show the assignments for the course, with the upcoming and recent assignments featured at the top.
- Set the course’s home page to show course modules or sections to show the modules or sections into which the course is divided as they appear in Modules.
- Set the course’s home page to show the "Communication Stream" to show a list of recent changes, updates, and announcements made in the course.
- Set the course’s home page to a "page you’ll design yourself" to create a page using the Rich Content Editor tool. Use text, content, media, and links to create an interactive and instructive page.
For more information, see the Canvas Guide on Homepages. See the attached file for sample Homepage layouts if you decide to use the "page you'll design yourself" option.
Please sign in to leave a comment.