If Respondus is a requirement for your exam. Students may download Respondus LockDown Browser (LDB) through a unique download URL for NCTC eCampus. That URL is available in the following locations within Canvas:
- When using IE, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari to access a Quiz that requires Respondus LDB
- Student Guide to Canvas
To access a Quiz that requires Respondus LDB, you must use Respondus LDB to login to Canvas and go to the page for that Quiz. Respondus LDB installs locally on your desktop or laptop. Once installed you can access it via the desktop icon or by searching for it on your computer. Respondus LDB is available for both Windows and Mac. Respondus LDB is also installed in most NCTC student computer labs.
Steps when you are ready to take an exam:
With a Mac, you may simply search your computer for the LockDown Browser Application:
- Locate the “LockDown Browser” shortcut on the desktop and double-click it. (For Mac users, launch “LockDown Browser” from the Applications folder.)
- If prompted to close a blocked program (e.g. screen capture, instant messaging) choose Yes when prompted.
- Log into your Canvas course using a student login.
- Navigate to the quiz and click Take a Quiz.
- Once a quiz has been started with LockDown Browser, you cannot exit until the Submit Quiz button is clicked.
For more information access the Respondus Monitor Knowledge Base