Kaltura has a great feature that allows sharing of videos between users. This means that you can do things such as allow others within your department or program to use your media in their course(s). Let's take a look at this feature within Kaltura:
- Start by accessing Kaltura within your Course via the My Media Section
- Select Edit on the media you would like to Share
- Select collaboration within the edit screen
- Select "Add Collaborator"
- Assign a Collaborator by entering the user's Canvas username, then select one or both of these options:
- Co-editors can edit entry's details and metadata, trim media, replace media, edit captions, edit chapters and slides.
- Co-Publisher can publish the media to their entitled Categories or Channels.
- Congratulations! Your can now view your new Co-Publisher's and Editor's who have access to your files based on the permissions you set.
For more features within Kaltura, take a look at the Kaltura-Canvas User Guide