The Kaltura CaptureSpace Desktop Recorder enables easy recording in class, at home, or on-the-go with automated publishing and interactive viewing to Canvas. CaptureSpace enables you to create multi-stream recordings using a vast array of recording devices such as integrated webcams or a professional USB/HDMI connected video camera. You can automatically capture video, audio, and screen in parallel. You can also record presentations or capture the screen at any time within CaptureSpace.
- From the Add New menu, select Screen Capture / Presentation.
- The next page will provide you information on downloading the installation file for Windows or Mac.
- Run the installation file to install CaptureSpace.
- Go back to the Add New menu option in Canvas and select CaptureSpace again.
The website will automatically identify that you already installed the application and will launch the application within seconds.
- You will be greeted with the CaptureSpace window:
Brief Introduction & Set-up Video
Always access CaptureSpace by navigating to MyMedia > Add New within Canvas. If you are on a shared computer, accessing via Canvas is the only way to attach a recorded video to your Canvas account.